We are Spire Trading
We’re a boutique firm developing high-quality trading software in Canada’s financial hub. We pride ourselves on building extremely stable and lightning-quick trading software that can be highly customized for our customers. At Spire, we understand that small teams can do amazing things, and take pride in achieving the kind of work that results in better output and happier employees. If you want to know more about us, take a look at What We Do, Our Culture and even our Instagram.
About this position
At Spire Trading, we’re constantly identifying new opportunities to increase efficiency and bring liquidity to capital markets. As blockchain technologies have grown over the past couple of years, we are seeking talented and creative individuals to identify hidden relationships between numerous cryptocurrencies and the traditional financial markets in an effort to bridge the gap between the two systems. Along with a team of engineers and data scientists, you will be working on price and risk models for these innovative new technologies. In the process you will be part of the entire pipeline of developing an automated trading strategy, from conception, to modeling, to validation and finally deploying and monitoring the strategy live on the markets.
If you’re looking for a challenge in a new area of finance and want to be part of a team that values merit, technical competence, and creativity over bureaucracy then consider joining our team and advancing your career at Spire Trading.
What you will need
- Strong math background with a focus on statistics and probability, bonus for those familiar with machine learning techniques.
- Knowledge of Python and numeric/scientific computing to analyze large data sets.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to benchmark portfolios and subject them to stress tests.
- Familiarity with back testing strategies and Monte Carlo simulations.
- Interest in blockchain technologies and various ICOs including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero and Augur.